The Customer Voice
What is Voice of the Customer? (VoC)
VoC is defined as,
“Collective insight into customer needs, wants, perceptions, and preferences gained through direct and indirect questioning”. (Business Dictionary)
VoC encompasses every touch point of the customer experience from in-store to digital platforms including social media and mobile.
At iPerceptions we specialize in digital platforms including mobile, tablet and desktop touch points and use surveys and comment cards to provide a complete view of the customer experience.
How does VoC differ from web analytics?
The internet has been called the most measurable medium and web analytics is a driving focus behind this through measuring click stream data including page views, bounce rates, and time on site. These are extremely important metrics that provide valuable insights but are incapable of answering the elusive question of WHY customers take the actions they do online.
Fortunately, you can fill this void with doing VoC research in the form of surveys and user initiated feedback. Good VoC solutions will integrate VoC data with web analytics data like Google Analytics which allows you to:
- Track satisfaction rates for specific visitor groups and better evaluate landing pages, exit pages, search keywords, traffic sources and campaigns.
- Measure conversion rates against task completion rates to gain a better understanding of the conversion cycle.
- Compare satisfaction rates by time on site, pages visited, sections visited and geographic region.
- Examine time on site by task completion to distinguish between visitors struggling to find information and those positively engaged on the site.
- Get open-text, real textual opinions and feedback of users linked to the behavioral analysis.
The future of VoC – Active Research
The next stage in VoC is Active Research, capturing the Voice of the Customer in the moment of truth using advanced intercept technologies and trusted research frameworks to drive real-time actions in business processes.
By engaging with customers in the moment they form an opinion about your product or service increases relevance and reliability of their feedback.
Learn More >
Start using iPerceptions’ VoC solution today