Last updated: December 10, 2015
iPerceptions complies with the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework and the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as administered by the United States Department of Commerce with respect to such Information that it receives about individuals located in the EU and Switzerland. iPerceptions has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view our certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor.
“Cookies” are software methods and protocols used for storing data in a web browser. For the purpose of this document, Cookies refers to both HTTP Cookies as defined by the IETF and the local and session storage methods of the Web Storage specification as defined by the World Wide Web consortium. “Customer” means iPerceptions’ customer to who iPerceptions licenses the Services.
“iPerceptions” means iPerceptions, Inc., located at 3575 Boulevard St-Laurent Suite 310 Montreal, Québec H2X 2T7 Canada or any other successor location.
“Respondents” means survey respondents or other participants who interact with the Services as a result of such respondents’ or participants’ relationship with a Customer.
“Services” means any products and services provided to Customers by iPerceptions or by any of its agent, reseller or partner.
“Website” means iPerceptions.com and any other website made available to You and Your Users and operated by iPerceptions or by its authorized third party hosting entity acting on behalf of iPerceptions, and any and all sub-domains thereof.
2. PRIVACY POLICIES OF THIRD PARTIES
Third party payment provider's and privacy statement of third parties (including, the Customers’), including security practices, may apply to Your information or when You respond to a survey. iPerceptions encourages You to read those privacy statements before providing Your information.
3. INFORMATION COLLECTION & USE
3.1. Information Provided by You as User
You may be asked on any Website how You heard about iPerceptions, to provide contact information in exchange for access to white papers or other downloadable content on our Website. iPerceptions may use this information for sales and marketing purposes, to respond to Your inquiry, or correspond with You if necessary. We may also collect name, email addresses, mailing address, and phone number, age, gender and credit card information.
3.2. Information Provided by Respondents
If You are a Respondent, iPerceptions may collect and store information from You on behalf of the Customer whose survey You have responded to. The survey responses are owned and managed by the Customer. The Customer is responsible for the survey data. If You have any question, You may contact the Customer directly as iPerceptions is not responsible for the content of the survey You have responded to or Your responses to it. Customers may have their own privacy policies that detail how said Customers handle Your personal information or other information. iPerceptions encourages You to read carefully any such policy and learn about the privacy practices of those third parties. As between You and iPerceptions, Your submission of personal information is voluntary and optional. You may opt out of responding at any time. However, if You do respond, You consent to its provision to iPerceptions for the purpose of delivering the Services to our Customer.
3.3. Automatically Collected Information
3.4. Information From Third Parties
iPerceptions may collect Your personal information from third parties when You authorize those third parties to share Your information with iPerceptions.
3.5. Information Related to Data Collected for our Customers
3.6. Other General Uses
We may provide your personal information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
iPerceptions may use Your information to provide Services to Customers, to establish or maintain business relationships or provide them feedback. iPerceptions compiles data collected from its online surveys to produce benchmark reports for Customers as well as media and other interested parties. The information provided by Respondents on Customers’ online surveys is compiled and aggregated to create generic profiles of users of the websites being studied. Open-ended responses are compiled and reported as is. iPerceptions’ study process does not require iPerceptions to know nor to report the identity of any individual Respondent personally. Customers have the ability to export, share, or publish data from their surveys. iPerceptions provide various features to export, share, or publish Your survey questions, responses, and results in summary or detailed format. iPerceptions may also use Customer information, including online survey questions and Respondents’ responses, as well as aggregated data iPerceptions collects through survey results and transactional and performance data related to use of the Services to help analysis and to help iPerceptions provide and improve the Services.
3.7. Cookies and other Tracking Technologies
iPerceptions and our partners (e.g. marketing partners, third party service providers, technology service providers), affiliates, or analytics or service providers, use technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags, and scripts, to analyze trends, administer the website, tracking users’ movements around the website, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual and aggregated basis.
We use Local Shared Objects, such as Flash cookies, and Local Storage, such as HTML5, to store content information and preferences. Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our website or to display advertising based upon your web browsing activity also use HTML5 to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5. To manage Flash cookies, please click here:
We partner with a third party to either display advertising on our Web site or to manage our advertising on other sites. Our third party partner may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this site and other sites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you interest-based ads, you may opt-out by clicking here (or if located in the European Union click here). Please note this does not opt you out of being served ads. You will continue to receive generic ads.
4. INFORMATION DISCLOSURE
1) information You expressly consent to be shared;
2) when relating to anonymized information (individuals cannot be identified by it);
3) when You decide to make the information indexable by search engines, to share or to distribute the information to people or otherwise to make it available to the public;
4) to share the information iPerceptions collects on Customers' behalf with the Customer iPerceptions has collected the information on behalf of;
5) to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request within or outside Your country of residence when iPerceptions has a good faith belief that the law requires it;
7) to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or protect the operations or Users;
8) to protect the rights, property or safety of iPerceptions, the Users, the public, or others;
9) in connection with an acquisition, merger, change in control, debt financing, reorganization, sale of assets, bankruptcy or other change of iPerceptions’ corporate structure or status; or
10) sweepstakes administrators, as necessary in connection with the performance of requested services or solutions, or as otherwise appropriate in connection with a legitimate need.
5. ACCESSING, CHANGING OR DELETING YOUR INFORMATION
iPerceptions’ surveys and Website are not designed or intended for use by children under 13 and iPerceptions does not intentionally or knowingly collect data from children under 13 or allow them to register, although the sites we survey may offer children’s services for purchase by adults. If You are under 18, You should not participate in surveys or use any Website unless a parent or guardian is present. Children under 13 may not submit any information to iPerceptions, and if iPerceptions discovers that it has inadvertently gathered any such information for a child under 13 or such child has created an account, iPerceptions will take steps to delete any such information and close that account as soon as possible. Children over 13 should only provide iPerceptions with information if they have explicit permission from a parent or legal guardian. If Your child has submitted information, and You wish to review, change and/or delete such information as well as refuse to allow any further collection or use of the child’s information, or if You have reason to believe that this has occurred involving a child under 13, please contact iPerceptions (See Contact Us Section).
7. BLOGS, FORUMS, TESTIMONIALS, SOCIAL MEDIA WIDGETS
1) If any Website offers publicly accessible blogs or community forums, You should be aware that any information You provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of Your information from our blog or community forum, contact iPerceptions (See Contact Us section).
8. EU SAFE HARBOR FRAMEWORK
iPerceptions participates in the EU Safe Harbor Privacy Framework as administered by the United States Department of Commerce. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view our certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/.
9. SECURITY STATEMENT
1) iPerceptions takes the security of the data collected very seriously however the Internet, not being a secured environment or any system being completely foolproof, iPerceptions does not warrant that information may not be accessed, copied, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards despite the security protections iPerceptions undertakes. iPerceptions uses secure server hosting locations with 24×7 security and monitoring, firewall protection, controlled access and encryption technology to protect Your data. The secrecy of Your password is Your responsibility.
2) iPerceptions offers the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our PCI Compliant Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. After a transaction, information such as credit cards numbers is not stored on our servers.
3) iPerceptions takes reasonable security measures to protect against loss and misuse, as well as unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of personal information. These measures include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security practices.
4) ) iPerceptions restricts access to personal information to iPerceptions employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve the Services. iPerceptions takes reasonable efforts to ensure all parties comply with confidentiality obligations.
11. OPTING OUT OF COMMUNICATIONS
12. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITE
The Website may contain links to other websites that are not owned or controlled by iPerceptions. Please be aware that iPerceptions cannot control the activities of third parties and iPerceptions doesn’t accept any responsibility for the privacy practices of such other websites and such third parties may not adhere to the same privacy policies. iPerceptions encourages You to be aware when You leave the Website and to read the privacy policies of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information.
13. LEGAL DISCLAIMER
When requested by legal authorities to disclose personally identifiable information, iPerceptions will inform the court of various factors justifying confidentiality and respondent anonymity. However, iPerceptions may be required by law to disclose personally identifiable information where judicial or other governmental subpoenas, warrants, or orders are properly issued. Individuals’ unsubscribe option in no way limits iPerceptions’ use, disclosure or distribution of personally-identifiable information to the extent such use, disclosure or distribution is required by law, court order or other valid legal process. iPerceptions will communicate with the affected client as soon as possible, unless prohibited by law or court order. If iPerceptions completes a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or substantially all of its assets, you will be notified via a prominent notice on our website of any change in uses of your personal information, and choices you may have regarding your personal information. We may also disclose your personal information to any other third party with your prior consent.
14. GENERAL PROVISIONSNotice to iPerceptions
Notice to You
15. CONTACT US
3575 Boulevard St-Laurent
Attention: Chief Information Officer.